|LeechGuy Installation Manual
After unzipping the LeechGuy zip file to a directory. e.g. 'C:\Program
Files\LeechGuy\' follow the following steps:
- Start LeechGuy. If no LeechGuy.ini is present you'll be notified that
you'll need to setup LeechGuy first before you can use it.
- Go to the 'File'-menu and select preferences. The 'Preferences'-window will
appear. At the 'Account'-page select the news service provider from the 'News
Service Provider'-dropdown box for which you would like to setup LeechGuy,
e.g. select 'NewsGuy Extra' if you're subscribed to the NewsGuy Extra service.
If you're setting up LeechGuy for usage with an EasyNews account go to step 4.
- Next from the 'Retrieve by'-dropdown box select in what sort order you would like
to retrieve the headers, e.g. 'Subject'.
- Select the number of downloads you want LeechGuy to start for this News
- Enter your username and password.
- Press the add button.
- Select the 'Proxy'-page.
- If you're using Internet Explorer to browse the web then select 'Use a
proxy' and select 'Get proxy settings from registry'. If you're using a
different browser and still would like to use your ISP's proxy server then
select use manual proxy settings and enter the address and port number of the
proxy server. If you're proxy server requires authentication then fill your username
and password as well.
- Select the 'Download'-page.
- Select a default directory where LeechGuy should store the downloaded files.
- Select the number of attempts LeechGuy should make in the case that it
fails to download a file. By default the number of retries on failure is set
to 4. The 'Infinite'-checkbox when checked causes LeechGuy to retry forever.
- Set the maximum number of downloads that LeechGuy will simultaneously
start. If you're subscribed to e.g. 2 news providers and have setup news provider
A with a max. downloads of 2 and news provider B with a max.
downloads of 10, then LeechGuy will start 12 simultaneous download sessions.
This option let's you limit this to the number you specify here. If you're subscribed
to NewsGuy (Extra) only, then set this number to 2.
- Select the 'Queue'-page.
- If you want to use a download manager then select 'Use
download manager' and select the download manager that you would like to use.
- Press the 'OK'-button.
- From the 'Service'-menu select the news provider that you would like to
retrieve the headers from.
You're now ready to start retrieving headers from a newsgroup, e.g. to
retrieve all headers from the 'alt.binaries.misc'-newsgroup enter alt.binaries.misc in the
newsgroup dropdown box and press the 'Go'-button.